6 Tips to Make Your Business Travel More Enjoyable
Does your work require frequent business trips? If yes, you may have gotten used to endless hours of waiting at the airport, the frantic rush when you’re late for your flight and living out of a suitcase for weeks at a time. However, business travel doesn’t have to be a dreary, panic filled nightmare. If you know how to prepare for your trip in advance and stay calm and level-headed when things go wrong, international travel will be a breeze for you. Here are 6 travel hacks that will help you handle your business trips like a seasoned pro:
- Keep your travel documents at hand: Keep important documents like your passport, tickets, visas and any insurance papers in a separate folder and make sure the folder is easily accessible. Keep the folder in your shoulder bag and make sure they are secure. This will prevent you from losing these necessary documents, and you won’t waste time searching for them when needed. Your shoulder bag should also include things like your keys, cell phone, sanitizer, tissues and your wallet. These things can come in handy later on during your trip.
- Pack the right things: Frequent fliers know exactly what they will need during an international trip. You should pack one large suitcase with three suits, a few spare shirts, an extra pair of shoes and enough socks and underwear to last the duration of the trip. Other necessities include toiletries, your phone charger or power bank and any accessories you may need.
- Make sure you get enough sleep: A lack of sleep can make you tired and cranky, and might even make you miss your flight. Try to get some sleep on long, overnight flights. Invest in a pair of noise cancelling earphones and sleep as soon as you take off. This can prevent jet lag and make you feel refreshed and energetic once your plane lands. Stay away from alcohol before your flight and avoid any medication that might disrupt your sleep patterns. It is also important to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Proper sleep can make your business trips much easier to handle and can even make your trips enjoyable.
- Make use of smartphone apps: Technology exists to make life easier; put it to good use. There are a number of smartphone apps that can make international travel much easier. For instance, Gate Guru, which is owned by TripAdvisor, shows you airport layouts, security checkpoint wait times and helps you navigate your way through airports you may be unfamiliar with. Other apps like Taxi Magic and Cab4Me helps you find a cab, track the location to your destination and even estimates your cab fare and lets you pay through your smartphone. These apps are extremely helpful for people who are travelling for the first time and are also frequently used by seasoned travelers.
- Don’t stay holed up in your hotel room: Staying cooped up in your room can make you feel lonely and even depressed. After getting your work done, take some time to explore the city you’re in. Sample the local cuisine, visit some popular tourist sites, or if you are tired, just relax in a quiet coffee-shop. If you have time, put on your walking shoes and get some touring done. Make sure you get enough exercise and rest, as you will need it to stay healthy during your trip.
- Stay on schedule: Make sure you check into the airport on time. Leave for the airport an hour before the expected time- it’s always better to be early than late. It is very stressful to get stuck in traffic, sweating, swearing and wondering if you will miss your flight. Checking in early can save you from a lot trouble and you can take your time to read the papers, have something to eat and even shop from the duty free store. You will spend the next couple of hours cooped up in a plane, so it’s best to stay calm and relaxed beforehand.
International flights are no fun- especially if you have to travel on a regular basis. However, staying prepared can help make things much easier for you. All you have to do is pack light, stay on time and keep your travel documents at hand. You can also use different apps to help you out while travelling. These small, simple tips can change the way you travel overseas. Bon voyage!http://www.ladla.net/travel-tips/6-tips-to-make-your-business-travel-more-enjoyable/http://i1.wp.com/www.ladla.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/business-travel.jpg?fit=646%2C328http://i1.wp.com/www.ladla.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/business-travel.jpg?resize=150%2C150Travel TipsBusiness Travel